Announce Your New Employee Benefit
Once you've designed a paid family and medical leave policy, share and celebrate it internally, as well as externally if you wish to reach a broader audience. Refer to the guidance below when creating a communication plan.
- Generate internal excitement around the new benefits
- Provide clear, accessible information on the new benefits, policy details, and where to go for more information
- Encourage eligible employees to use their new benefits
- Which C-Suite leader will deliver the news to employees?
- What internal channel(s)/medium(s) will you use for the announcement?
- How will you share the nitty-gritty policy details with employees?
- How will you create continued dialogue around the topic to further enthusiasm and encourage employees to use it?
- Who will serve as the designated "go-to" person for all questions / feedback on PFML?
- Generate external awareness and recognition around the new benefits
- Signal your corporate values and employee value proposition to the marketplace and potential job candidates
- If desired, encourage other companies to follow suit
- What reason(s) will you highlight as the company's rationale for adopting PFML?
- Which communication channel(s) will you use?
- Who will serve as the company spokesperson(s)?
- How much detail about the benefit will you share externally?
- What external-facing materials and resources will you need to update?